1. Select one nursing of theory (grand, middle range theory) that best suits your area of practice
2. Discuss the rationales for selecting that theory over the other nursing theories.
3. Use Chinn & Kramer (2008) components of theory description
4. Use Fawcett (2005) criteria for theory analysis
a. Theory’s origin
b. Unique focus
5. Use Fawcett (2005) criteria for theory evaluation
b. Comprehensiveness of the content
c. Logical congruence (consistency & Clarity)
e. Contribution to nursing
6. Concluding statements summarize content
cared for a 9 yr old, who was diagnosed with cancer and had metastasis all over his body.While caring for this child on a day to day basis his mother started to open up to me about his illness,she then would vent to me about her personal life with having 2 more children at home and a boyfriend who is not the father of the ill child but the ones at home,I would offer to watch the child while mom leave to go handle other obligation when I was off.It was very hard not to show sympathetic signs instead of empathetic in situations like this,I had to learn how to provide healthy teaching,and comforting to this family because I can never sympathize with her because i never has gone through this before.