Biostatistics Process and Calculations
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Process and Calculations
In order to successfully explore the health question, you need to plan what tests you need to run. Create a table in which you propose the calculations and graphs you will need to perform to answer the health question you are investigating. Then explain why you chose these calculations to explore your health question.
Overview: Your task is to help the organization answer the health question by critically analyzing the data. You will run statistical tests, interpret the results, and
present the results and recommendations to non-technical decision makers in the form of a statistical report. Keep in mind that it is your job to do this from a
statistical standpoint. Be sure to justify your conclusions and recommendations with appropriate statistical support.
Prompt: In order to successfully explore the health question, you need to plan what tests you need to run. Create a table in which
you propose the calculations and graphs you will need to perform to answer the health question you are investigating. In crafting your table, consider the
· Watch Choosing a Statistical Test (12:31).
· What tests will you need to run?
· If you are hypothesis testing, what are your null and alternative hypotheses?
· Are there any tests that you want to use that you have not learned about yet? What are they? What is your plan for researching these tests?
Then explain why you chose these calculations to explore your health question.
Specifically address this critical element:
● Process: Propose how you will go about answering the health question you were asked to address based on the data set provided.
A. Graphs: In this section, you will use graphical displays to examine the data and formulate an initial hypothesis. In particular, you should:
1. Create key graphical displays that give a sense of potential relationships between variables. Include the graphs and discuss why you
selected these graphical displays as opposed to others.
B. Conduct appropriate hypothesis tests, simple regressions, and other tests to analyze the data set.
C. Explain why these tests are the best choice in this context and how they compare with established best practices.
D. Analysis of Biostatistics: Use this section to describe your findings from a statistical standpoint. Be sure to:
1. Present key biostatistics from the graphs, tests, and regressions performed, and explain what they mean. Be sure to include a
spreadsheet showing your work as an appendix.
2. What statistical inferences or conclusions can you draw based on the hypothesis tests and simple regression analyses performed?
Justify your response.