In 4-5 pages, you will examine a federal policy issue more closely. In essence, this is a case study.
Your research paper should include;
1. An opening paragraph, outlining the scope and purpose of your paper.
2. For the next section, please evaluate and explain the purpose of the legislation you chose for the case study. Why was the legislation passed?
3. Look at what Congress has and is doing in regard to this legislation. How is the Executive Branch (ie, the bureaucracy) implementing it? Have there been any Supreme Court cases addressing this legislation? When researching, be sure to critically assess patterns and relations of power.
4. In the final critical analysis section, discuss how interest groups and individuals participate in the legislative process (This is sometimes referred to as civic engagement)? Please provide specific examples.
5. Finally, provide a conclusion summarizing your findings.
This written assignment allows me to make sure you understand the material and also fulfills your writing requirements for the course. This assignment also highlights our learning objects critically assessing patterns and relations of power, understanding civic engagement, and understanding the branches of government.